My extended "family" *picture heavy*

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Mrs MIA, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I figured it was time to start my own thread, both as a place to share some of the photos of our area, as well as the parents of some of the eggs that people have received from me. It has been such a joy this year to share eggs with people, and I hope to continue for a long time to come. And just for the record, EVERYONE that has purchased eggs from me this year has been the absolute best! This crowd of chicken-lovers is awesome!! [​IMG]

So, as I get new photos I will add to the list, but here are some photos of the pure-breeds that I've been sharing so far. (I am going to dedicate a new post to each breed.)

MILLE FLEUR D'UCCLES:
    Feathers, Michelle, and Tyson are about to be joined by their offspring. I hatched two babies just about 2 months ago, and they are filling out nicely. There are 6 eggs in the incubator, too. [​IMG]
    Michelle:

[​IMG]

Feathers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and Tyson:
    [​IMG]
    Updated photo - at 32 weeks...
    [​IMG]

Their babies...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    LIGHT BRAHMAS:

Emily and Dominic are both this year's babies... she just started laying 3 weeks ago, and there are already babies growing in a couple of incubators, and some on their way to new homes. [​IMG]

Emily:

[​IMG]

Dominic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    SILVER GREY DORKINGS:

This is Duke:
    [​IMG]

He is the lone chick from 4 batches of shipped eggs... he's a very expensive boy. [​IMG]

Kate:
    She won't be ready to lay until this Winter, but she's turning out to be one of the sweetest girls. [​IMG] We have 4 pullets and 6 roos... I'm going to have to rehome some of the roos, quick!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You have lovely birds, Tori. Where are those orp babies?

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Hi Angie! [​IMG]

Photobucket won't load for me... I've been having problems off and on. But as soon as it comes back up, I'll be sure to add photos. You don't realize how many birds you have until you try to photograph each one... I looked at my list, and I have 90 chickens now... 227 birds, total!! [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Your birds are beautiful!!
    I'm in love with feathers and michelle. If I ever decide to hatch some (and convince my SO to build another coop) I'll keep yours in mind.

7. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I LOVE the Light Brahmas![​IMG]
    The other pics so far are great too.[​IMG]

8. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    WOW! Your birds are just gorgeous [​IMG] I esp love Dominic- that is my DS's name.

9. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    OH OH TORI!! Your Light Brahma's are GORGEOUS!! I am so happy to be getting eggs from them!!

I am thinking I should get Milles from you, too...omg I can't...I gotta stop!!! [​IMG]

10. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Cute, cute cute!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by