My Eye Color...

Quote:
Nope, brown is dominant over all colors, so at least one of the parents would have had to have had brown eyes. Now other colors could be in the ancestry and show up, but not brown.

interesting i always though blue was....lol

My mother has light blue eyes, my father has light hazel eyes. My brother and I have dark brown eyes. VERY dark brown. According to some "is he your daddy" thing I read, my father could NOT be my father. Well, this is just one of those things you KNOW. Trust me, he IS my father. Somewhere there are brown eyes. Only one of my children has brown eyes, one has blue, one has very light (closer to green) hazel. None of my brother's children have brown. My blue eyed son could marry a blue eyed woman and have brown eyed children.

Don't panic, I am sure your parents are your parents.

Hm... Lemme see...

B_ Brown b- blue...
b b
b bb bb
b bb bb Where does Bb come from? I dunno, I'm not that smart... Only with math...

Perhaps a mutation?

i just tried to learn this with goats cause i found a blue eyed stud. I left the site sooo confused! Guess it's a good thing i stuck to cosmetology!

Two blue-eyed parents can have a child with brown eyes.

Most of us learned the model for determining eye color that G.C. Davenport and C.B. Davenport devised in 1907. The Davenport model wrongly says brown eye color is always dominant over blue eye color, which means that two blue-eyed parents always have blue-eyed kids. We know better now.

"Although not common, two blue-eyed parents can produce children with brown eyes," says Richard A. Sturm, a Principal Research Fellow at the Institute for Molecular Bioscience at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia.

I just copied this from another site...

I suggest everyone check "allexperts.com". It is in fact possible for these parents to produce a brown eyed child. While the site gives an example of hazel eye it only stands to reason that the same is true for the brown genes. (plural)

I've heard that if there are other colors in your eye (for instance, veins of yellow in a blue eye) that there is a third gene that's being partially hidden. I don't know where, but that's what I heard.
I think it's a good idea to go farther back. I personally don't see a way that a brown eyed child could come from that solid of a blue lineage, but it could happen.
Hey, while we're at it, could somebody explain how come I'm blue eyed and blonde (most of the time, right now I'm a raven!
big_smile.png
) when only one of my grandparents has blue eyes? and neither of my parents, who have dark brown and black hair? My grandmother isn't even blonde.

Quote:
With all due respect unless your a genetisist, I suggest you think twice before sowing the seeds of doubt.

its not exactly rocket science....this stuff was figured out by a dutch monk hundreds of years ago.

Back
Top Bottom