My family's cattle drive

wolftracks

Spam Hunter
12 Years
Nov 6, 2009
Modesto
My uncles and cousins are on a 3 week cattle drive. I loved this pic on FB, so had to share.

Yeah Oklahoma!!!

44123_through_town.jpg

44123_long_horns.jpg

44123_monty_up_front.jpg

From the little I know I think this started in the late 1800's and is an annual event. Can't keep these guys off a horse.

OK I LOVE THIS ONE!!!
44123_saloon_girls.jpg

OMG O can't stop!

44123_the_chuck_wagon.jpg

Last edited:
That is awesome!!! Where in Oklahoma are they? I would love to do that some day! We own about 30 head of Longhorns, I'm hooked on the old west, and love everything about it! The pics are great! They run cattle through FT Worth TX every day, I was able to see that on a visit a few years ago, but its nothing like a real cattle drive, but the history in TX is nice.

Theres an old pic of a poster about it. I'll try and find it. Now watch. I have lots of them in Texas too and that may be where they are.

Just asked my aunt on FB

Looks like it's the drive that started in Caldwell Kansas on saturday and will continue for the next 3 weeks up to Ellsworth Kansas. It's part of our state celebration of our 150th birthday

Last edited:
Quote:
YUP That's it

They also have it on Facebook

'Caldwell Kansas' and they have more pics I guess. These are family pictures.

I never go back to Kansas, since they dropped that house on my sister and stole her shoes.

Hey I got moved?

Oh well they're still here.

I'd like to go too, but I noticed there aren't any women in this group! hmmmmmm The crazy California cousin, might have to raise a stink.

My dad's family though has always been cattle farmers for generations.

Back
Top Bottom