My Feathered Bandit

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by VioletBlueIvy, Sep 8, 2010.

1. VioletBlueIvy

VioletBlueIvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    I bring my chickens a treat every day, Monday it was BOSS and Manna and some scraps.

I also like to sit out there and watch them eat and pet them and usually have a cup of coffee while I watch them. I also brought with me a wonderful apple cider doughnut with cinnamon sugar that I bought myself for a treat at the apple farm.

I sat down, put the doughnut in my lap, and proceeded to hand out the treats. I am sitting there happily watching them gobble them up when out of nowhere I am hit by a sneak attack from the side, and slightly towards the rear....right under my arm.....and there goes my doughnut in the beak of a red feathered bandit streaking away across the lawn.....
    A split second later the 14 others realized what had happened and gave chase. So I had my coffee, and watched my yummy- apple- cider- with- cinnamon- sugar- much- anticipated- doughnut torn apart and devoured in about 10 seconds flat! [​IMG]
    And then, after the carnage was over, she came back to check out my lap again, eyeballed me real good, and jumped up and pecked my coffee cup!
    I suppose it is rude to show up at HER house with coffee and a doughnut and not bring her any.... [​IMG]

2. cdawson41

cdawson41 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2010
    Missouri
    That's GREAT! Thanks for a big smile and mental image first thing this morning, it was NEEDED!

3. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    The next time you'd better bring a dozen!

4. VioletBlueIvy

VioletBlueIvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    I'm glad I made you smile [​IMG]
    Yeah, she was pretty clear about that!!!! I think I will name her Bandit....[​IMG]

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Thats so funny! I needed that good laugh. Thanks [​IMG] And yes, they are fast stinkers, aren't they? Next time you come home with your doughnut, stay inside until its all gone!!

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:X2 - [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by