My first attempt at chicken portraits- you know with the canvas & all

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenCharmer, Dec 19, 2009.

1. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

So I thought I'd eventually try it, and today I did. Some of the chickens acted seriously dreadful, and the lighting on these isn't the best either, but the last ones have decent lighting since they were in the sun. Well, here they are.

Princess the leghorn:
    [​IMG]

Phoenix the sebright:
    [​IMG]

ANnd her daughter, Isadora:
    [​IMG]

and her son, Herman:
    [​IMG]

Remus, who quickly made an escape the moment I took my hands off him [​IMG] :
    [​IMG]

Lucy, black sumatra:
    [​IMG]

Isabell, Japanese, who usually has great posture but who was afraid at the moment:
    [​IMG]

Lupin the mix:
    [​IMG]

Here is with a sheet of paper instead of a towel:
    Test:
    [​IMG]

Chanticleer:
    [​IMG]

But after a while he didn't like it anymore:
    [​IMG]

Ivory, who behaved very badly:
    [​IMG]

I'm outta here!
    [​IMG]

Florence:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChickenCharmer

Oops, I forgot my little Dutch boy:

[​IMG]

3. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    [​IMG] MORE! ahaa I love your chickens their characters! What breed is Remus? he sorta looks like my Mojojojo who is a MGB. [​IMG]

4. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Beautiful pics!!!! I love your little Dutch boy - gorgeous colors!!!!!

5. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    Cute pictures!! [​IMG] Is Princess a White leghorn or Exchequer leghorn? It looked like she had some spots. She is a pretty girl. I love your Sebright pictures. Is Isadora a cross? Her brother reminds me of my little Self Blue bantam roo. [​IMG] Beautiful birds!!!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  6. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh Wow! ChickenCharmer! Those pictures came out fantastic! I really love the one of Phoenix! If that were my little girl and I had taken that good of a picture of her, I'd be using that for my avatar in a heartbeat! [​IMG] Beautiful job!

I have to giggle. When you mentioned "You know, with the canvas & all" I thought you meant you had spent the day painting portraits of your babies! [​IMG] Still, a lovely job you made of them. Even if some of them were less than cooperative! [​IMG]

Wow! I still can't get over how pretty Phoenix is! What a gorgeous hen! [​IMG]

7. proudmama88

proudmama88 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2009
    Central Kentucky
    [​IMG]

I LOVE your pics and your birds! Those pictures of them getting up and running off are too funny. They're like "Oohhh no you don't!" [​IMG]

8. ChickenCharmer

Thanks so much everyone for the comments!!!

Quote:Princess is a California white. Isadora is a cross, yes, but I'm not sure as to who the father might be, possibly Chanticleer the BTB who is in a couple of the photos. Herman's father I think is most likely my Porcelain Dutch, only because their voices are practically identical! [​IMG]

9. ChickenCharmer

Quote:Fawn duckwing OEGB. I totally love MGBs even though I have none. [​IMG] I would love to get some Sq ones [​IMG] !!! Show me a photo of yours!

10. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Very nice job. I love Remus, I had to LOL on that one. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by