My first big hatching project

dave27889

Songster
12 Years
Apr 27, 2007
Washington, NC
This will be my first big attempt at hatching. I have several different types of eggs from several people. I bought some of these eggs and I am doing test hatching for the following people. KBBEALE I am test hatching her Serama eggs. They arrived very nicely packed and no broken or cracked eggs. They are the tinest eggs. Some of the eggs are whitish and some are tannish. Kristen even wrote the lay date on top of the eggs. None were over 4 days old. I am hatching them in their own incubator. Anybody that has helpfull ideas please comment.
I am also hatching eggs for pidgey104. They are going to be a mix of eggs. She sent them out today so it will be a couple of days before I get them. I have a incubator waiting for them also. They will also be hatched by themselves.
I am hatching RIR's from several people. The 18 I got today are from Bargain ( Nancy Garry ). I should not say this because I want more of them but, These EGGS are all large nice and tannish and just plain look great. I had RIR's and my eggs never looked this good. I hope to get more from her later. I am also getting some other type eggs from her but I will put that in a latter update. I am also getting some local RIR eggs, Buff Orph, Speckled Sussex and a couple of Marans. I will write more on these in the next update.
I should have somewhere between 50 and 60 eggs going into 4 different incubators. Please feel free to give helpfull advice and I am keeping all types of notes and such on all these eggs.
Thanks to all that have helped in the past and to the people I know will be helping in the future. I would also like to thank my darling wife and my 2 great kids. I know dad has driven them crazy. I want to thank the people that have sent me good wishes on my health. I don't know what I am going to do with my back problem yet but, I know with God's help, your well wishes and prayers only good will come to me. I also know that this hatching project will lift my spirits and that your help and knowledged will help also. Thanks to all, Dave27889

Dave, keep the information flowing. I just had a glitch with my cabinet. My humidity is too high for the first 18 days. I'm on day 14 and humidity - dry is 65%...Problem about being in the south. I suspect it's because I now have 3 full trays - first time ever and that the air is humid today....

Funny, I had to run a humidifier on the earlier hatches. I have my vfents open and am praying that this will do it.

We'll keep praying your babies on in....Keep us up to date! Nancy

Back
Top Bottom