My first chicks!! ... got some questions

lol.png
Holly my husband would kill me!!

I know for sure I could EASILY end up being the crazy chicken lady on my street! I've only had these babies a matter of days and I'm already planning which chicks I will add to the flock in the spring! And wondering just how many I can get away with before my husband blows his stack!
lau.gif

Quote:
I think you'll be surprised how much your husband will enjoy them too!! My husband rolled his eyes and tried to keep chickens out of our lives...but now he's the guy running out to check and see how many eggs we have...and I catch him staring at the chicks!! He even comments about how he can't believe how much he loves them!!!
love.gif

I think you'll be surprised how much your husband will enjoy them too!! My husband rolled his eyes and tried to keep chickens out of our lives...but now he's the guy running out to check and see how many eggs we have...and I catch him staring at the chicks!! He even comments about how he can't believe how much he loves them!!! love

It's funny because when I started out I never actually discussed or asked if it was OK with DH for me to get some chickens. I just announced one day that I would be building a coop!
yippiechickie.gif

He was NOT happy. In fact he was grumpy with me for days.
lol.png

Then I started driving around to get scrap wood and things from people on Craigslist and pulling apart and old dog house we had and next thing I knew he was helping me build!

When I went to pick up the chicks it was a complete surprise. He thought we would get them next spring. But he wasn't even upset and he does check on the babies pretty often.

I think he'll come around. But if he does we might really be in trouble!!!
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

Oh boy I hope my neighbors don't hate us!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom