My first coop

welcome-byc.gif

Very nice coop, I really like the cedar siding.

Very nice, pw!

Do you fin that it's a bit narrow? I know my chickens seem to like a like more "flight room" when jumping down off their roost, for clearance.

But I'm better with those dimensions, and that insulation, heating is easy.

Very nice looking.

Oh, and
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
I am not sure. They seem to like it alright. I only have 6 hens. It looks a little smaller than it is. It's 4x12 or somewhere near that. I don't think I would put more than 8 in it. The chickens I have now are red star. I want to see how it goes. In the future I plan to get some marans and get rid of a few of the red star. I do have a barn in back of the coop. I could use some of it maybe. We store junk in it. Just afraid it would make the junk stink.

They seem to like to hop on my head when I bend over and put the little cap on the waterer. It doesn't really bother me if I have an old hat on. I don't want crap in my hair though. LOL. They are funny little things.
Priscilla

Quote:
I wish we could have had it bigger. I am sure you are right. I would like to have kept the 18 red stars. I gave away 12 of them. The coop is way too small for 18. The eggs are only for us mostly and a few friends. I do have a incubator. Now to get a roo. Maybe this summer. I would like to try out the incubator before I get the marans eggs.
Priscilla

Back
Top Bottom