My First Duck Egg from Flightless Duck

You're so privileged to have such a variety of beautiful birds! I'm new to duck keeping and someone said it was a Spot Billed, which it does look very similar to. I had to do a Google search to make sure I hadn't got the ducks breed wrong
gig.gif
Always willing to learn
big_smile.png
Yellow Billed has brown legs and Spot Bill has orange legs. The bills, head shape and face colouring are a little different too, but they have the same pretty lace-like pattern and teal splash on their wings.

Last edited:
Yours is definitely a yellow billed I love doing duck research lol. The yellow is from Africa and the spot from Asia... I'm Sure you know. I used to carve ducks many years ago and did much research primarily on North American ducks but I really enjoy seeing unfamiliar breeds

Wow, that's an incredibIe talent! I don't think there are all that many folk who still do actual carving?
I didn't plan on getting any of the birds that I currently have and it has been a STEEP and FAST learning curve, but such a pleasure. I love the research and this site has been an awesome resource.

My little call girl (that's what I call her!!). Just started laying. She has laid 3 eggs in 4 days At least I think they are all hers I have 4!Laysan hens that love to sit on the gg though!! I'm pulling them until I get 6 or more then I'll put them in the incubator. These babies will be pets. I love the little tiny ducks!!

My little call girl (that's what I call her!!). Just started laying. She has laid 3 eggs in 4 days At least I think they are all hers I have 4!Laysan hens that love to sit on the gg though!! I'm pulling them until I get 6 or more then I'll put them in the incubator. These babies will be pets. I love the little tiny ducks!!

That's wonderful, you must be so excited. I'll wait for the photo's of the new arrivals
caf.gif
My Duck-Duck is on eggs too, but there's male so no little powder puffs to look forward to
tongue.png

Oh!!! There's NO MALE. LOL. I was about to ask how you get males to lay eggs!!!
1f602.png
1f603.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
gig.gif
oops

No, Duck-Duck is a Muscovey / Mallard hybrid. She's really small, chocolate and white in colour, has amazing green eyes, a hint of carnucles and the sweetest nature. I'll post a picture later today.

LL
Beautiful green eyes :love
Is Duck-Duck a call duck?? Pics please!!
That's Duck-Duck above... :)
:gig oops No, Duck-Duck is a Muscovey / Mallard hybrid. She's really small, chocolate and white in colour, has amazing green eyes, a hint of carnucles and the sweetest nature. I'll post a picture later today.
You already did! ;) Love her!! :love Oh, and even if you had a male for her the eggs probably wouldn't develop... I read that Muscovy/Mallard mixes are usually like mules, I believe... :/

Back
Top Bottom