My first duck egg!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by RunnerWhisperer, Aug 23, 2011.

1. RunnerWhisperer

RunnerWhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

I'm so excited!![​IMG] Cocoa laid her first egg today!! I found it in their pool tonight while I was draining it. Not sure how long it had been in there. Yea!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  2. m496

m496 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2011
    Nice nice:ya

3. Bookworm chick

Bookworm chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Salem County, NJ
    My niece just got her first duck eggs too. One of them was also in their pool. Is this common with ducks?

4. RunnerWhisperer

Quote:I'm not sure!? But I won't eat this one just in case! She laid another egg this morning around 7:30 am, I heard her quacking, went out a few moments later and there sitting inside the door of their pen was another egg!! Yippie!! The egg laying has begun!! lol:yiipchick

5. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Congratulations! In the pool, would like to know if that is normal too? Ours always lay early morning in their duck house.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congrats to you! [​IMG] I've had my duck do the same thing!! [​IMG]

7. Tivona

Tivona Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    Congratulations! My layer ducks did lay a few in the pond when they started. I think they just have to figure it out. When they are used to sleeping in the pond and not used to laying...well I think it is confusing for them. Mine figured it out after about a month,and since then all eggs have been in the boxes, or next to the pond.

8. RunnerWhisperer

I will be waiting to hear her little laying quack to see where she lays it tomorrow! lol Two times in her pen is not bad I guess! She feels secure there I would guess. I let them out @6 am and at 7:30 am is when I heard her. She must have went right to her pen when it was time! She seemed to proud of herself when I went out there to grab it. She ran right over to me when I picked it up. Yea, this is cool!!

9. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

10. kurtjackieprovost

kurtjackieprovost Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2011
    How many weeks old is your duck?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by