RunnerWhisperer

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
"The Ville" (Marysville,Wa)
102968_first_egg.jpg

I'm so excited!!
ya.gif
Cocoa laid her first egg today!! I found it in their pool tonight while I was draining it. Not sure how long it had been in there. Yea!!!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm not sure!? But I won't eat this one just in case! She laid another egg this morning around 7:30 am, I heard her quacking, went out a few moments later and there sitting inside the door of their pen was another egg!! Yippie!! The egg laying has begun!! lol:yiipchick

Congratulations! My layer ducks did lay a few in the pond when they started. I think they just have to figure it out. When they are used to sleeping in the pond and not used to laying...well I think it is confusing for them. Mine figured it out after about a month,and since then all eggs have been in the boxes, or next to the pond.

I will be waiting to hear her little laying quack to see where she lays it tomorrow! lol Two times in her pen is not bad I guess! She feels secure there I would guess. I let them out @6 am and at 7:30 am is when I heard her. She must have went right to her pen when it was time! She seemed to proud of herself when I went out there to grab it. She ran right over to me when I picked it up. Yea, this is cool!!

Back
Top Bottom