My First Egg!! Finally!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by PepsNick, Oct 9, 2010.

1. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    I got my first egg today from Lily, my BSL! It wasn't in a nest box, but in a corner in the coop. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] YAYAYAYAY!!!! Waiting since MARCH!! She is 6 months old. Isn't it big for a first egg? Plus it's light PINK!

[​IMG]

And here it is with Lily shortly after her labor!
    [​IMG]

The pretty girl (in the front)
    [​IMG]

My dog, Biscuit, inspecting the egg (he is the rooster to my flock of pullets) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And on the kitchen Counter:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking! And sorry about all the pics lol but... I'm EGGSTATIC!

Aalso sorry the pics weren't very big, I took them with an iPhone which doesn't make them very large [​IMG] BUT HEY, I GOT AN EGG!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] TO LILY!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
  2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Congrats!!! It's so exciting to get those first eggs...and yes, it IS pretty good size for a first egg!

3. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Great! Congratulations. I'm totally understanding of your eggstacy. I just got my first eggs this week. It's so eggciting![​IMG]

4. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    I know that kind of joy!
    Congratulations to both you and to Lily!
    [​IMG]

Bright Blessings!

5. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Thanks guys!! I'll post a pic of the yolk tomorrow morning. I'm going to let my half sister eat it. She's also very excited and loves to come visit my chickens (I don't usually live with her). Now if only my EE, BR and WL would lay! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  6. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    [​IMG] CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

7. Samilitant

Samilitant Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Congrats on your egg! You'll be just as excited to keep getting eggs day after day! The first egg is hard to wait for, but then knowing that you'll be getting eggs almost every day, or multiples each day is really cool!

8. Wendy'sChicksRock

Wendy'sChicksRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! Isn't it awesome,I got my first eggs thiis week too. I love it...congrats..andwhat a BIG egg..[​IMG][​IMG]:hugs

9. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:Good to know, I've been worrying that it'll wear off! LOL, cross your fingers that I won't post an egg pic everyday! KIDDING!

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG] Congratulations! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by