My first egg from my pullet a DOUBLE YOLKER Yeah!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by crash0330, Oct 7, 2010.

1. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Has this happened to you guys before? The first egg one of my pullets laid was a double yolker, it was rather small but it still had 2 yolks inside of it, so excited as this is my first double yolker ever!!!
    and it tasted soooooo good!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    No mine never laid a double first egg. Did get three doubles in the first two weeks though. Congrats

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG] I am still waiting for one. They lay these jumbo eggs already, maybe I should not wish that on them. I imagine it might hurt.

4. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

My AliceAnne (20 week old Australorp) did lay a double yolker her first try. poor girl! She has laid every day since her first, but that was her only double yolker.
    It was delicious!
    Congrats!!!

5. Dora'smom

Dora'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Oregon
    Nope. I have 17 laying pullets and hens, and not a one of them laid a double-yolker as their first. I get a double-yolker very rarely, actually. Some eggs are very large, but still a single yolk. It doesn't matter. . . they all taste good. [​IMG]

6. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Got my first two eggs the last two days. Am saving them for Saturday morning for my grandaughter! So, I don't know what is inside yet. But they are pretty small.....was hoping to get a couple more by then.

Isn't it fun?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by