My First Egg!

PitbullandChix

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2016
Middle Tennessee

My very first, very tiny egg! I believe this was layed by my Leghorn since she's supposed to be my only "white egg layer" but it did have a small vent feather from a BR on it :confused: 18 weeks and 2 days old! Not sure if this is already a thing but keep it going and post pictures of your first egg! Oh, happy day!

:weee

My very first, very tiny egg! I believe this was layed by my Leghorn since she's supposed to be my only "white egg layer" but it did have a small vent feather from a BR on it :confused: 18 weeks and 2 days old! Not sure if this is already a thing but keep it going and post pictures of your first egg! Oh, happy day!

:weee

Good for you!nope,must be leg horn,BRs lay brown eggs.what other breeds do you have?

Good for you!nope,must be leg horn,BRs lay brown eggs.what other breeds do you have?

I have the one Leghorn, 1 BR (lost my second one to a predator yesterday :hit ), 1 BO and 2 RIR. I'm sure the BR feather just got stuck there on accident. My Leghorn has a giant, red comb and wattles that seemed to grow overnight and has been doing the "squat" so I was expecting any day now from her.

I have the one Leghorn, 1 BR (lost my second one to a predator yesterday :hit ), 1 BO and 2 RIR. I'm sure the BR feather just got stuck there on accident. My Leghorn has a giant, red comb and wattles that seemed to grow overnight and has been doing the "squat" so I was expecting any day now from her.

I'm so so sorry that your Br got killed.

Yup,they do grow fast.any others that you expect to lay soon?

Back
Top Bottom