My First Ever Incubated Chick!

madgabmomma

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 2, 2011
SE Texas
I posted the other day about troubles with my first incubation and how I was worried none of my eggs were going to hatch, but low and behold despite everything that went wrong last night one of my eggs finally hatched. I only had 3 so not to bad for my first time I don't think. I still have him and the other 2 eggs in the incubator and will give them another day or so, but I don't feel like they are gonna do anything. Anyways just wanted to share my excitement. I've got about a dozen more ready to go in as soon as I get done with this batch.
yippiechickie.gif

85027_roxys_first_chick_fluffing_up_4-3-11.jpg

Isn't it exciting? I just did my first hatch ever this January and it is amazing to watch. Do you have plans to get your chick a buddy if the other eggs don't hatch? They really do better if they have another chick or two to keep them busy.
Congrats on the new chick!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I have a brooder with 6 baby bantams that I bought last week at a day old just in case I ran into this problem
smile.png

Quote:
Awwwww, it looks so sweet. What kind is it?

Keep those other two eggs in there another day or two, you never know what might happen. Do you think there are chicks in them or did they candle clear?

OOH! I'm so happy for you!!! Cutie. I'm on my first ever incubating experience too.. I've got 14 eggs in and I'll be thrilled for even one to hatch!

Back
Top Bottom