My first ever Quail hatched 11/02/2010 New pictures 12/15/2010

The 2 in the back right corner of this pic (both are facing away) are cinnamon blue face (CBF), one of these is available:

DSC00122.jpg

The male in the front left of this is a golden pearl (GP)--not the one available, but he looks just like him
smile.png

DSC00121.jpg

Two in this pic are available, these are the old birds. They'd be the CBF on the right and the DV in the center (they look much better since they are now in a bachelor pad and not a community cage)

DSC00132.jpg

(DV)

DSC00129.jpg

I don't have a pic of the red breast since he was hatched this past summer, but he looks just like the black faced red breast (DV) without the black face. His face looks similar to the one on the right in the first pic
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
It really doesn't matter what color you choose since their genes are so mixed up anyway. Very few breeders have buttons that breed true to color. Personally I like the blue face mutation, so I'd probably use a cinnamon blue face to try and get more
lol.png

The red breast is just another variation of the wild color, one is blue breasted and one is red breasted. The GP also looks very similar to wild with some 'pearl' markings on the head and back. The markings on the head look like the bird has been pecked, they are kind of white tipped.
smile.png

But really it's a matter of choice.
smile.png

golden pearl -Wild hen
answered my ? before I could post it. on the GP one.
Now what to go with the other red breasted hen???
I have always liked the DV ones ,but I like the cinnamon blue face too.
Would a older male be ok with a young female?

They should, especially if the girl is kind of 'bossy'. The older males have been with girls before, the youngest one has never and the other 'young' one wasn't with a girl for very long. He's been not with a girl longer than he has been with one.
smile.png

Crappp! Uhhhhhh Gp I'll take. Now I'll go with cinnamon blue face for the other hen.
Thank god I brought a split cage this fall. Oh my hubby going to fant dead away.......
Lord help me.. but they are just sooo cute and I love the sounds they make.
They can go outside when the weather is warm right? What is the best temp to put them out?
Let me know the damage and how you want paid. Thanks Shelly. All though I think I helped you just as much.
If you have a hen to go with the DV I'd take him too.

I'm searching for a single (1) 25-count chick box, when I find some place (or someone) that will sell me 1 I'll let you know how much and how to pay. Send me your zip via PM so I can have it when I figure the shipping.
smile.png

I'm pretty sure I checked cutler's? Seems like they had a minimum of 10. If you want you could just send me one of the boxes that you have, that would work too
smile.png
If they are the 25-count chick boxes that is.
wink.png

I don't ship hardly anything else, just a few quail now and then. Since I'm almost 'out' of single male buttons I don't see me ever needing 10 chick boxes!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom