My first ever Quail hatched 11/02/2010 New pictures 12/15/2010

3 girls and a boy!

Your silver is a silver red breast

First lady is a wild-type chinese blue breasted

Second two photos of ladies...looks like Red Breasted Hen (pearled) and the last is Red Breasted Hen...

Well is that a good thing or bad? Do I need another male?
Dk BRN is a wild-type chinese blue breasted
The brn with alot of white is a pearled red breasted hen? or is that the darker one with the red face and cheast?(bumble bee)
So my silver is a red breasted silver. Cool The color just started coming in good. Sorry not the best pics.

oh this girl has no red at all. it's more like a gold color.
46537_button_quail_updated_11-12-2010_female_what_color.jpg

here is one closer to her.
46537_button_quail_updated_11-12-2010_800.jpg

Last edited:
I have 4 singles left (I think). I'll have to figure out which ones though. I know I have a black faced red breast (aka Darth Vader) and probably a cinnamon blue face or 2, other than that I'm not sure which ones I've got. I believe one of the others is a red breast, wild, or golden pearl, I'm not too sure which one. let me run and check real quick
smile.png

2 are going to their new home in CA next week and 2 need to move in with some girls that are bunking together, so that leaves me with 4 available I'm almost certain
lol.png

Okay, apparently I'll have 5
lol.png

I have 2 cinnamon blue face, 1 golden pearl, a red breast, and a black-faced red breast (aka Darth Vader). Cost of shipping (plus box since I'm out) and they're yours! Should be about $40.

ETA: 1 CBF, the DV, and the GP are from my 'old' birds, they are a little over 2 years old. The RB is 5-6 months old and the other CBF is 7-8 months old.

Last edited:
OHHHHHHHH. Got pics?????
How can I tell who the pair is?
black-faced red breast (aka Darth Vader), cinnamon blue face what do they look like?

Last edited:
You can try giving meal worms and see which of the females takes 'the bait' from him, or you can just pick your own. They are young, so probably haven't 'mated' too tight yet
smile.png

both red breasted have been bred the wild does not look like it.
If I pick the light hen would go with him.
The black-faced red breast ? should go with the red breasted hen.
What would be best for the Wild one??

Back
Top Bottom