my first fertile egg o' the season

2/11 8am 2 are out, 1's ext pipped ----

with the first one of this group that hatched, i intervened 2 days ago --- maybe i shouldn't have, but when i hear a chick screaming (not the normal talking) with no hole in the egg, i get nervous -- luckily he seems to be doing fine -- the pic that i'm posting of him 2/3 in the egg is after 2 days of slowly making it bigger and moistening and pulling back dried membrane..i don't like removing them and when i do intervene like this, i try to keep as much of the shell as i can (until i see the membrane drying out under the shell --then i moisten it and remove what i have to) in order to hold the chick in -- i think they're stronger when they have to work a little to push out... (i also keep a wet paper towel under the egg in hopes of keeping things moist)

anyway........... here's 2 shots of the guy that hatched thursday and a few shots of the new ones
smile.png

I'm loving all of the pics.
love.gif
thanks -- me too!
big_smile.png
-- all 3 have hatched and i put 'em in with the others --- they're all still young,so it seems to good --- here's afew more shots -- first 4 are the chicks, 5th is egg that i glued the peck hole, and the last 2 i tried showing a normal air cell and what i was talking about above when the cell gets distorted about 3 days before hatching

barnie.gif
I need some! Ok got that out of my system, I haven't had babies since October. Love the pics, thanks. I'm jealous. Can't wait till spring.

I'm jealous! Though I am actually glad mine aren't laying yet... I think getting frozen eggs would be worse than waiting for warmer weather and eggs.

thanks -- me too!
big_smile.png
-- all 3 have hatched and i put 'em in with the others --- they're all still young,so it seems to good --- here's afew more shots -- first 4 are the chicks, 5th is egg that i glued the peck hole, and the last 2 i tried showing a normal air cell and what i was talking about above when the cell gets distorted about 3 days before hatching

love.gif
celebrate.gif

I'm loving all of the pics. :love
thanks -- me too! :D -- all 3 have hatched and i put 'em in with the others --- they're all still young,so it seems to good --- here's afew more shots -- first 4 are the chicks, 5th is egg that i glued the peck hole, and the last 2 i tried showing a normal air cell and what i was talking about above when the cell gets distorted about 3 days before hatching
I'm so happy for you until I could scream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :weee

2 / 18 ... had two more hatch overnight, one crapped out (never pipped, but went full term, yolk fully absorbed) --- on the 2 that did hatch, i heard them pipping for 24 hours with no external pip, so i poked a small hole in the air cell end -- no other intervention and they hatched fine ... the 3rd one, i did nothing -- never internally pipped, but i might've been able to help it if i'd've putzed with it a little .... i'll try to grab more pics later --- count so far is 6 that've hatched .... 5 ib's split to something
hu.gif
and 1 white -- 2 more due in another 4 days, and then it's scheduled for wednesday hatches....

Back
Top Bottom