My First Flock - Hatched 6/17

Ch1ckPea

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2019
SW Missouri
Just wanted to share my babies with you. I’ve learned so much from this forum so thank you! I got them from Meyer Hatchery, today they are 3 days old. I got 5 of the Rainbow Assortment and 5 if the Rare Breed Assortment, plus a Meal Maker. Sorry the pics aren’t great quality. The MHP has been working out great, they seem to be really comfortable under it and sleep well. I’ve already made one mistake though. I thought one had a blocked vent so I tried to clean it gently with a Q-tip but then I realized it was her belly button! Doesn’t appear to be any harm done, except I feel so bad. One does appear to have a healing crack in the top of its beak? I just noticed it today but she hasn’t been acting any different so I left her alone. It was so small my eyes could have been playing tricks.

I’m going to guess that I have 1 Barred Rock, 2 Lavender Orpingtons, 2 EEs, 1 Black Sumatra, 2 Golden Wyandotte’s, 1 Golden Campine, 1 NH Red and 1 Red Star. Super excited to see them grow.
upload_2019-6-19_20-20-58.jpeg

Group shot

upload_2019-6-19_20-23-42.jpeg

One I think is an EE?

upload_2019-6-19_20-25-9.jpeg

NH Red or Red Star

upload_2019-6-19_20-27-35.jpeg

The darker colored of the 2 Lavender Orps.

upload_2019-6-19_20-29-42.jpeg

Barred Rock

upload_2019-6-19_20-30-49.jpeg

Possible Black Sumatra

I’ll keep updating here if anyone is interested in following along. Make your own predictions and we’ll see who is right. I’ll try to get individual pics of the rest tomorrow. I am in love with these sweet cheepers.

Just wanted to share my babies with you. I’ve learned so much from this forum so thank you! I got them from Meyer Hatchery, today they are 3 days old. I got 5 of the Rainbow Assortment and 5 if the Rare Breed Assortment, plus a Meal Maker. Sorry the pics aren’t great quality. The MHP has been working out great, they seem to be really comfortable under it and sleep well. I’ve already made one mistake though. I thought one had a blocked vent so I tried to clean it gently with a Q-tip but then I realized it was her belly button! Doesn’t appear to be any harm done, except I feel so bad. One does appear to have a healing crack in the top of its beak? I just noticed it today but she hasn’t been acting any different so I left her alone. It was so small my eyes could have been playing tricks.

I’m going to guess that I have 1 Barred Rock, 2 Lavender Orpingtons, 2 EEs, 1 Black Sumatra, 2 Golden Wyandotte’s, 1 Golden Campine, 1 NH Red and 1 Red Star. Super excited to see them grow.View attachment 1819292
Group shot

View attachment 1819300
One I think is an EE?

View attachment 1819302
NH Red or Red Star

View attachment 1819306

View attachment 1819309
Barred Rock

View attachment 1819311
Possible Black Sumatra

I’ll keep updating here if anyone is interested in following along. Make your own predictions and we’ll see who is right. I’ll try to get individual pics of the rest tomorrow. I am in love with these sweet cheepers.
omg...how CUTE! Thank you for sharing...they are adorable!

I’m going to guess that I have 1 Barred Rock, 2 Lavender Orpingtons, 2 EEs, 1 Black Sumatra, 2 Golden Wyandotte’s, 1 Golden Campine, 1 NH Red and 1 Red Star. Super excited to see them grow.View attachment 1819292
Group shot

View attachment 1819300
One I think is an EE?

View attachment 1819302
NH Red or Red Star

View attachment 1819306

View attachment 1819309
Barred Rock

View attachment 1819311
Possible Black Sumatra

Group shot

View attachment 1819300
One I think is an EE?

View attachment 1819302
NH Red or Red Star

View attachment 1819306

View attachment 1819309
Barred Rock

View attachment 1819311
Possible Black Sumatra

They are adorable, Can't wait for mine to hatch, due date is 6/28...

Back
Top Bottom