My First Goose Hatch-A-Long!

Still no changes to the eggs in the incubator :(
I’ve been leaving my gooses’ eggs to them to hatch though, they have two nests going in the dog gloo. Back nest has four eggs in it this morning and the front has fourteen! Fingers crossed that some get hatched

Still no changes to the eggs in the incubator :(
I’ve been leaving my gooses’ eggs to them to hatch though, they have two nests going in the dog gloo. Back nest has four eggs in it this morning and the front has fourteen! Fingers crossed that some get hatched
Sorry about your incubator eggs, congrats on the others!

Still not seeing anything happening in the incubator

the nests have three eggs in the back and nineteen in the front! I’ll be removing one from the front because it is a torpedo though.

Probably going to pitch the incubator eggs, they still havnt done anything and a few appear to have gone bad :( I have a second set I might try with, I need to double check how long they’ve been in storage see if they are still good to incubate.
Anyways here’s an update on the geese’s nests
Front nest 21 eggs
Back nest 9 eggs
Will be removing two from the back nest because they are a double and a torpedo and one from the front because it is a torpedo

I candled all the nest eggs, not seeing anything but I’m also using a phone flashlight so it could just not be bright enough :/

Final update. No eggs will be hatching. This would have been day 23, candled and there’s nothing. Took all the eggs out and put a digital thermometer/hydrometer in to make sure the incubators dials are still treading accurately, looks like they are so far.

Not to sure if I did something wrong or my eggs just didn’t feel like becoming goslings.

I took all the eggs outside and broke them all.

Weird eggy smell.

Most of them, the clear part of the yolks were really watery and about a third of them I could still see the little white spot and they had a bullseye around them.

I had one that candled looked the same as the rest but when I broke it everything was a dull pink red color? Didn’t really smell any different

I had one that candled the same as the others but when I broke it the yellow part of the yolk was pretty much all that was there and was suuper thick. Like I couldn’t break it.

and the one I had that candled dark and cloudy, wow I regret opening that one. It kinda spat all over me when I broke it open and was chunky kinda like it had chunks of cooked whites in it and smelled awful. Still an eggy smell but, I had to step away and it made me gag, which is hard to do with smells.

if any one could provide any input on what’s happened here, I’d really appreciate it.

I’m going to let the incubator sit for a few days make sure it’s running at a constant. It’s just got the digital thermometer/hydrometer and a small dish of water in it. Not sure if I’ll try again this year. But my geese still have there nests of eggs they are sitting on, so fingers crossed for them.

Final update. No eggs will be hatching. This would have been day 23, candled and there’s nothing. Took all the eggs out and put a digital thermometer/hydrometer in to make sure the incubators dials are still treading accurately, looks like they are so far.

Not to sure if I did something wrong or my eggs just didn’t feel like becoming goslings.

I took all the eggs outside and broke them all.

Weird eggy smell.

Most of them, the clear part of the yolks were really watery and about a third of them I could still see the little white spot and they had a bullseye around them.

I had one that candled looked the same as the rest but when I broke it everything was a dull pink red color? Didn’t really smell any different

I had one that candled the same as the others but when I broke it the yellow part of the yolk was pretty much all that was there and was suuper thick. Like I couldn’t break it.

and the one I had that candled dark and cloudy, wow I regret opening that one. It kinda spat all over me when I broke it open and was chunky kinda like it had chunks of cooked whites in it and smelled awful. Still an eggy smell but, I had to step away and it made me gag, which is hard to do with smells.

if any one could provide any input on what’s happened here, I’d really appreciate it.

I’m going to let the incubator sit for a few days make sure it’s running at a constant. It’s just got the digital thermometer/hydrometer and a small dish of water in it. Not sure if I’ll try again this year. But my geese still have there nests of eggs they are sitting on, so fingers crossed for them.

Sorry none hatched :(

What was the weather like when you collected them? Any chance they froze or something before you got them?

If the nest eggs are also not developing, I'm going to guess that they're not fertile. Gander isn't doing his job for some reason. Unless they too might all have frozen. Those are the only explanations I have.

Well, and mycoplasma in geese causes infertility, and sometimes that's the only sign they have, but I hate to jump to that conclusion.

Sorry none hatched :(

What was the weather like when you collected them? Any chance they froze or something before you got them?

If the nest eggs are also not developing, I'm going to guess that they're not fertile. Gander isn't doing his job for some reason. Unless they too might all have frozen. Those are the only explanations I have.

Well, and mycoplasma in geese causes infertility, and sometimes that's the only sign they have, but I hate to jump to that conclusion.
I’m pretty sure the eggs I had in the incubator I collected before they got to cold, and I started leaving the eggs in the nest once we were pretty much out of freezing temps. Still have a few night were we get near or at freezing but the geese have been pretty good about staying with the eggs.
I havnt heard of mycoplasma before. I will read up on it, hopefully it’s not the case, as I’m pretty sure the eggs I’ve cracked open to check for bullseyes have had them, as well as some of the failed ones from the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom