My first Hatch-a-long!!!!! (And first hatch!)

Pics
So yesterday evening I put the eggs in lockdown and I noticed this morning that the built in thermometer said 99.6 and the other one said 97.0. What do I do? They have both been close to the same before (about .2 degrees off of each other) but now they are 2.5 degrees off of each other.
Hi 😁 do you have another thermometer you could use? Just to see wether the built in one is dodgy..would be helpful for future use also. I personally wouldn’t stress to much, a hen normally gets off the eggs and it doesn’t cause problems, I think it is more about humidity levels at this point. Be aware once a chick hatches, the humidity rises, I’ve had my humidity rise to 85/90 during hatch 😳 my anxiety went through the roof 🤣 But that is normal. Everything turned out fine. Good luck :thumbsup :love

Some egg pictures!!

I would say her Maran eggs are a 6-7 right now, but if I get a hen they lay darker when they first start laying.
The little white eggs are my silkies eggs!!
Are the Ameraucana eggs blue? I couldn’t pick them out in the pic. I’m watching this thread! I have to wait til May to hatch! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom