My first hatch

Just went into lockdown tonight. Out of the eggs I started with, the lavender orpingtons fared the worst, most never developed and a couple quit out. I have 8 welsummers, 7 easter eggers, all of the individuals and 1 lavender orpington in lockdown. They are all showing movement and have filled the eggs so that 90% of it looks dark. I guess we'll see what happens

This morning I discovered that in the middle of the night 1 of the easter eggers had pipped. It was between 2am and 630am. Throughout the day a couple more had pipped and then around 1pm I had to head out and when I got back right now 5:30pm one of the easter eggers was out! It is a loud little one. The random egg and the blue andalusian and one of the welsummers have pipped although the welsummer just looks like a long crack near the air cell - not a tiny concise hole like the others. I know for a fact that before I left at least 2 other easter eggers had pipped. The hatched chick has been moving all around and I believe he rolled the others so that I can not see their pip holes. Do I need to do anything?

This is the welsummer group, the one at the top left is the one that cracked
20181116_173033.jpg
The row near the top, second from the left is the random egg whose stamp is unreadable is the one that pipped
20181116_173028.jpg
This is the first hatched chick from my first attempt at hatching eggs! This is the easter egger group and the white egg below the divider is the blue andalusian that has pipped.
20181116_173017.jpg

I don't know how to create a post but i have a baby chick hatching and it just pipped but is bleeding. The chick is alive what do i do

Back
Top Bottom