egg pipped with blood oozing ??

CedarRidgeChicks

Songster
10 Years
May 5, 2009
Adair Co.Ky
Hi..I have a bator on lockdown..due to hatch today..i was checking temp..saw two were pipped but one has blood dripping out..I can see the chick still moving..what now..temp is 99.8 humidity is 72%

any ideas? thoughts?

thanks..that is the hard part..in this bator I have 6 salmon faverolle eggs that developed..I lost 5 doz fav eggs prior to this ..so I was hoping these would make it..sigh..
pop.gif

Probably just ripped one of the umbilical veins to early...one of my ducklings did that the night before---it bleed ALOT and the duckling had to rest for a good 24 hours before trying to finish breaking out the shell but in then end everything was fine.

Hopefully your's will end up being okay too!!!

That's not common but it happens. Almost anything you could try to do will affect the others in the bator. Hopefully he'll have done that and then rest and he won't continue until the blood in the inner membrane is absorbed. But I had one kick completely free of the egg bleeding and with the yolk unabsorbed. I dusted the bleeding edges with some flour to stop the bleeding, and made a sleeping bag out of press-n-seal (like clingwrap and saranwrap only easier to use) sticky side out, with just his head out and told him to rest.

It's about all you can do. He actually did rest, recover, absorb the yolk and survive.

Back
Top Bottom