Burst blood vessels???

Dec 9, 2023
I had a silkie egg in lockdown and several days after it was due to hatch I opened the incubator and checked it and saw this.. the pictures aren’t great but it almost looks like bleeding under the shell when I candle, like the blood vessels have burst.. what could have caused this?

Attachments

• IMG_9174.jpeg
    IMG_9174.jpeg
    891.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9175.jpeg
    IMG_9175.jpeg
    877.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9176.jpeg
    IMG_9176.jpeg
    729.6 KB · Views: 11
Hmm, I hatch a lot of silkie eggs, but am no expert. If it's got a few days to go, I'd still leave it to see if it hatches. Oh, nvm. You said that it's overdue now? Were these shipped eggs or yours?

I've never done an "eggtopsy" but you could break it open outside on a towel or something to see if you can tell what happened.

T
Hmm, I hatch a lot of silkie eggs, but am no expert. If it's got a few days to go, I'd still leave it to see if it hatches. Oh, nvm. You said that it's overdue now? Were these shipped eggs or yours?

I've never done an "eggtopsy" but you could break it open outside on a towel or something to see if you can tell what happened.
Yeah I left it for a good 3-4 days after it’s hatch date.. yes they were shipped..
hmm I might try that thanks

T

Yeah I left it for a good 3-4 days after it’s hatch date.. yes they were shipped..
hmm I might try that thanks
Do you set your shipped eggs out in an egg carton for 12-24 hours before setting them? Some I know say they don't, but I do know the first time I didn't I only hatched about 60% or so. After I heard about that, I started doing it and not sure that's the reason or not but twice now I hit 75%. On my own, it's 100% once I ditch any unfertile.

Back
Top Bottom