My first horsey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! Welcome to the 'Horsey World'!!! I hope you enjoy her! Haha, one of these 'just have to say'-I rode a horse named sheba..looked EXACTLY like her. Haha, she was an arabian off the track.
big_smile.png

Have fun!
love.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif

wow!..i'm usually not a big fan of horses..(they scare me)...but he is beautiful!...
smile.png

VERY lovely!

Enjoy her and always remember, the smart ones are both the best and the worst!! (often at the same time.) I adore Arabs, they're the easiest to train as long as you keep em curious and interested and busy and willing. Boredom BAD!!! Sometimes they're just too smart for their own good and just love to find ways around work... thing is, even then they are awesome!

I've only ever met one that was truly untrustworthy though, (and I've known a lot of em) all the others just took extra puzzling out to find out what made em tick. Give her a little noze nuzzle from me!!! I'm only a tiny bit jealous.... just a tiny little bit in a good way, otherwise really just happy for you!

Hey kinnip,

I am overjoyed for both you and Sheba! I hope ya'll have a long and happy relationship, taking care of each other. Kind of like marriage, eh?

love.gif

She is gorgeous! I love Arabs, my girl was 29 when I had to put her down a few years ago. I miss her dearly... she was the best horse.

She is beautiful! Good Luck to both of you!
My first horse was an arab mare that looked a lot like yours. My granddaughter learned to ride on her. Lady protected her well. One day my 6 year old granddaughter was riding her and Lady put her head down fast to grab at some grass. My granddaughter started falling head first over Lady's neck. That horse used her neck to catch her and put her back into the saddle. It was the only time I ever saw her grab for grass with a child on her back.
Another time I was in the pasture with Lady and another mare. The other mare got into a bee's ground nest and was covered in bees. In her panic she kept running to me for help, but was sliding into me. Lady put herself between me and the mare and helped me get to the gate and safety. I got a hose and hosed the bees off of the other mare and she recovered. But it was a scary situation.
A well bonded arab can be a wonderful protector.

Quote:
I see a large Jolly Ball in your future........... I use one to entertain my black Lab. They are great!

I've always been fond of Arabs. The ones I've been around were always too "hot" for me though. They sure are pretty though!
I got into gaited horses a few years back and havent been quite as jealous of the prety arabs anymore.

Have fun with her!

Back
Top Bottom