My First incubating & hatching eggs

My hatchers are a week and a half old now. I had 36 eggs go into lockdown and 33 hatched. (One hatched before it was ready and had a ruptured yolk sac and too much active veins and ended up dying. I was very pleased with the outcome of the hatch. Thanks for asking. No this wasn't my first hatch I started hatching last fall. Not too many backyard chicken raisers that I know vaccinate. Some of them that buy chicks from hatcheriess might have them vaccinated for Mareks, but I don't see too many that vaccinate their own hatched chicks. None of mine are. I do use the medicated feed for the first week or two. ( I buy a bag of the medicated starter crumbles and start them off on that and when it's gone I switch to regular starter crumbles.)

thank you for the information I ordered chick starter today form amazon and I should get it with in a week, my next hatch it will hatch on the 28th if all goes well. and I ll start them on it, I also have 4 weeks old 6 chicks with my brooder hen I also will try the new feed on them.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom