My first incubation attempt! One out!

MaineChickens

Songster
11 Years
Mar 11, 2008
Yeah! Thanks to you all on BYC my first ever hatchling is out of it's shell. I have a batch of quail I bought right here on BST and when I came home from work I had 9 pips. Well, I just went to recount the pips, and wait... where'd the top of that shell, OMG It snuck out in the time it took me to do coop chores... So cool!!!

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I did it! Yeah!!

OK Back to being glued to the plexiglass!!

Hey unglue yourself from the plexiglass and get us some pictures ASAP .

And we know that you are thinking of reaching in there and getting your new baby but trust us sit on you hands and most important of all get pictures. us BYCers turn nasty when we do not see babies.

Last edited:
They are popping out like popcorn now. I have 9 that hatched last night! Photos later today- must work to buy more eggs...

so cute! I have coturnix (pharoah, tuxedo, golden) due to hatch this weekend (my first time hatching) - I am SO excited I can hardly wait! Only another day or two of turning eggs - I will be on pins and needles all weekend! I know I'll be glued to the glass all weekend! I have two incubators going - one home-made and one little giant. will be interesting to see which one does better or if it made a difference
smile.png

Can't wait to see more pics!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom