My First Rooster.... I am starting to hate him sadly.....

I've got a rooster that looks just like him! He's the sweetest roo and definitely the most mellow. I would give him a while to mature before you decide get rid of him.

Booting him won't hurt anything but his pride. It'll put him in his place. I don't know if it'll keep him from mounting hens, but it'll tell him that you are in charge and not to be messed with.
I have a 7 month old cockatiel that was attacking my dog just for her walking outside with me. It tried to flog my leg one time and I booted it about 5 feet into the air and now no more issues. Booting an aggressive cockerel works and if not next step is freezer camp.

Sorry, I am in bed doing this on my phone....flu.
Here it goes again - left and right side of beak.
20191219_115907~2.jpg
20191219_115902~3.jpg

He does not attack the two dominant 2 year old hens. They do peck him. I had not thought about separating him. Do I put the two dominate hens with him for a year or just put him alone? He would been right next to everyone in a run.

I'd put him with those hens--they will probably teach him good manners faster than being alone will. (But move them out if he picks on them, of course.)

Back
Top Bottom