My First Show!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CoopedChik, Jun 18, 2011.

1. CoopedChik

CoopedChik Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Louisville Kentucky
    I showed for the first time today. I was hoping it would be a small show to get me ready for bigger competitions but it ended up being a really big deal I didn't expect to good at all. [​IMG] When I first got there my Splash Cochin hen, who I had dropped off in her pen the night before, had layed an egg poped it open and LAYED IN IT! then ate it, ROLED in it and was just disgustingly covered! And since I was new I hadn't brought anything to clean her up with. So I took her outside and luckliy it was raining and I had a towel. So, I scrubbed her clean with rain water and an old towel, surprising it came out easily (lucky me) Any way I didn't have a blow dryer but luckily this nice young man who has won grand Champion in the bantam division had a blow dryer for his Silkies, he was nice enough to let me borrow his. I stayed for the judging but I had to go some where for a short while so I missed the ribbons being given out. I came by to pick up my birds...AND... I saw this BIG purple ribbon hanging from my Orpington Rooster's (his names Funky) cage, my eyes got soooo big out of ALL the Orpingtons there my roo won!!!! my Funky bird won!!! I was so excited that I did so well on my first try then [​IMG] then my mother (who had come along to help me pack up birds) says "uh hun look" I looked to where she was pointing and my Cochin hen had won Best of breed ALSO!!! out of over 100 other Cochins [​IMG] I just couldn't believe it on my first try at such a large show I had actually placed so well [​IMG] So now I know how to do even better talking with show veterans and I think I'm ready to try again.

So now I'm taking small blow dryers and some spray on shampoo [​IMG]

I cant seem to get photos up so heres a link to my roosters pic http://www.furaffinity.net/full/5963803/

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. EnonChickenDaddy

EnonChickenDaddy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Chester, VA
    Wow...congratz...I know that was exciting!

3. CoopedChik

May 24, 2011
    Louisville Kentucky
    Quote:It felt amazing I couldn't believe it [​IMG]

4. Sassafras

Sassafras Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    N.H.
    Woo Hoo! [​IMG] Okay, where are the pic's? [​IMG]

5. AuntieE

AuntieE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Philipsburg, PA
    Congratulations!!

Yes, we'd love to see some pics [​IMG]

6. CoopedChik

May 24, 2011
    Louisville Kentucky
    Pics will be up soon [​IMG] probably by tonight [​IMG] im not good at uploading pics so I have to get my computer techy nerd bf to do it for me [​IMG]

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    [​IMG] Congrats!!! That is a huge deal [​IMG]

8. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    CONGRATS!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! pics pics pics!!

9. hisdaughter

hisdaughter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Lakeland
    Excellent job! [​IMG]

10. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Awesome congrats [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by