My first sight ever of ...

swheat

The Bantam Barn
14 Years
Mar 18, 2008
Alabama
My Coop
My Coop
The other day I was outside tending to the birds and I heard the roosters do the cry for "Look out for incoming above". I looked up and around and seen a large bird with white tail feathers, huh. I though for and second and though no it can't be, but I have never seen a buzzard with white tail feathers before...that is odd I thought to myself and went on with my tending the birds. Well, about
20 minutes later I looked up in the air again and saw this same bird flying back across the yard, but this time it got it's face painted...LOL It was my first time ever to see a bald eagle flying in the wild and in my front yard.
ep.gif
I live about a mile from lake Tuscaloosa, which I have heard reports of them being seen there. Just wish I had my camera with me.
he.gif

I know how you felt when you saw it.
in 2009 i saw a pair fly right over my place, i could not believe my eyes, i thought i had heard an eagle the week before but decied it must have been a red tail hawk , boy was i suprised when i saw them.

I did some research and found that a mated pair had been released in thee area in 2006 and that the nest that year could actually be seen from a road way 5 miles from my place.

I thought i heard one in the distance a month ago but never saw it but i am ok with that ,to many chicken nuggets running around my place.
big_smile.png

We have a gorgeous male bald eagle that lives on one of the islands near our lake house... I feel kind of bad that he doesn't have a mate though.
sad.png
Maybe he will find one this year. It is awe inspiring watching him glide and fly over the water.

I had one land in front of my in Yreka, CA. I was coming down the hill from a friends house and it was gliding through some trees in an orchard and just landed right there in the road. I stopped, I wasn't going fast, and it just looked at me OVER my hood! It's wing span was massive! We have Golden Eagles here, not a lot, but they sure are beautiful!

we have a pair that fly over every day.havent had any attacts so far. my rooster dont evan pay them any attention any more. but i keep a close eye on them any how. I love to see them

Back
Top Bottom