My First "Timber!!!!" (Pics)

bluey

thootp veteran
11 Years
Apr 10, 2008
Washington, PA
After relenting and getting me a Stihl Farm Boss for Christmas, my DW has been watching me like a hawk because she knew I wanted to take down a big dead tree now that I had a chainsaw.

She'd tell me, "you don't have a clue what you're doing".

I'd tease her and say, "I watched the lumberjacks on ESPN and a bunch of Axemen episodes. I know how to do it.

Of course, the first tree I took down was about 10 feet from our garage which raised her anxiety level even higher.

So, as the days passed since Christmas she's been watching me like a hawk.

Until yesterday.

I paid my 4 daughters $5 each to create a diversion in the house.

While the DW was occupied, I bustled outside, fired up the chainsaw and went to work on the tree.

She became wise to the ruse but was too late to stop me. She grabbed the camera because she was sure I was going to drop the dead tree on the garage and wanted to get evidence for posterity and future bribery.

Here are the results...

blueys1sttree1.jpg

blueys1sttree2.jpg

blueys1sttree3.jpg

blueys1sttree.jpg

Sweet Success!!! The DW was truly amazed! Although a Downey woodpecker seemed to be giving me the evil eye...

IMG_2156.jpg

Nice job, but did you put a stake in the ground 20 feet from the tree, where you were planning on dropping the tree and then hit it when you felled the tree?

Quote:
Wow, I never thought of using the tree as target practice...

Can you do that, redoak?
bow.gif

Imp...the tree was deader than a doornail. It hadn't produced a leaf in two plus years. We only cut dead trees for our woodburner.

And after that 50+ mph windstorm we had last week, I have renewed reason to get the dead ones on the ground before they do real damage.

I don't see the stake in your pictures so I can only assume it's under the tree.
tongue.png

Can you do that, redoak?

Maybe, but 4 years of timbersports is kinda like cheating.​

You the man !

My husband is like that also...I have to keep a hairy eye ball on him also because he loves the thrill of cutting down a tree !!!

I have the same picture of him standing over his "tree" cause he's the man !!

and also I am like your wife grab the camera !!! ya never know when it can come in handy for you r s e l f !!!
Well done !

Back
Top Bottom