My first time incubating.

Hayes Ranch

Chirping
Dec 8, 2023
The plan is to put the eggs in on December 22, and that should put me hatching on Jan 13. I have some friends with a variety of chickens and they are collecting me eggs this week, I expected maybe a couple dozen, but it looks like I may have way more. The incubator is GQF 1502, I will try to post pictures and comments as I go, I can't wait to see these chicks, I expect them to be as colorful as a bag of skittles.

The plan is to put the eggs in on December 22, and that should put me hatching on Jan 13. I have some friends with a variety of chickens and they are collecting me eggs this week, I expected maybe a couple dozen, but it looks like I may have way more. The incubator is GQF 1502, I will try to post pictures and comments as I go, I can't wait to see these chicks, I expect them to be as colorful as a bag of skittles.
That sounds like fun! Wishing you great luck for a successful hatch! :highfive:

Be sure to post pictures!!

That sounds like fun! Wishing you great luck for a successful hatch! :highfive:

Be sure to post pictures!!
PXL_20231221_225607980.MP.jpg

Make sure you have a separate thermometer and hygrometer to verify what the machine says it’s running at -
I’m sure you will do great, and the “small” investment of the secondary tools will be worth it!

I put my eggs in the incubator 8 am dec 22, when should I move to the hatchet and when should I expect hatching?

I put my eggs in the incubator 8 am dec 22, when should I move to the hatchet and when should I expect hatching?
For chicken eggs, expect them eggs to hatch 21 days (=3 weeks) from when you set them. That is also the same day of the week as the day you set them on, which makes it easy to count out on a calendar.

For eggs set on friday December 22, hatch day would be friday January 12 (plus or minus a day or two, but that is the most likely day for most of them to hatch. You might find a lot of chicks when you get up that morning, or they might be hatching during the day.)

Move them to the hatcher 3-4 days before they are expected to hatch. For your batch, that would mean moving them on January 8 or 9 (Monday or Tuesday).

Back
Top Bottom