My first time...we have pips and peeps!...(pics)..day 22

The time is getting closer and all is well so far.

I checked one egg and saw movement....I really don't want to candle all of them for fear of breaking one.

I am at 14 days now and all is well with my four eggs. My husband may be working on the "hatch" day, and he is so bummed to miss it.

Seven days and counting...
wee.gif

Quote:
a fast candle...

take the whole egg tray out. set on table or chair whatever is stable and convenient.

touch the top of each egg with the candler really quickly. you can do them all really fast without picking them all up.

back into the bator and all done.

Quote:
Nice to know someone is going through this at the same time.

Miss Jayne....good info. I'll try that next time I take the tray out.

....getting anxious.....
fl.gif

Lost all my eggs sometime last night or this morning. When I went to bed the temp was fine - this morning it was at or above 124 degrees.

From other responses someone said that the switch stuck. I tested again this morning, and it stuck again. I feel like a murderer.
sad.png

I know it was not my fault, but it still really sucks. My incubator is new, and it tested fine, but looks like it was a manufacturer defect.
barnie.gif

Quote:
Oh man, that is terrible!

What a letdown to be so close.
hit.gif

I've been keeping a constant vigil (well, when I am in the house) watching temp and humidity. I have been getting things ready in anticipation, got feeders/waterers. Brought in a mini stock tank to be their brooder, it is down in the furnace room where it is warm. I'll get it all ready by the time it is needed. Bought a fresh bag of shavings, heat lamp is ready to plug in, peeps that I am hatching for others are ready to take delivery when I tell em.....all I need is a successful hatch.
fl.gif

Quote:
Soooo sorry for that! It really is awful. What kind of 'bator is it?

Steve, good luck! I'm watching yours- I am finishing Day 18 at 8:30 tonight......

Back
Top Bottom