My first two eggs - on the same day!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by adeechickluv, Aug 10, 2010.

1. adeechickluv

adeechickluv Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    What a suprise when I woke up from loud chicken squawking and headed lazily to the coop. I didn't even bother to check the nesting box. But I glanced over, and oh my gosh. that is NOT what i think it is!!! But it was! [​IMG] It was around 7:30 in the morning. Then, later, around 9:30 I went back ot see them and OH MY GOSH!! Can a miracle actually happen two times in a day?! [​IMG] (Granted, they are little tiny little things that weigh 1.5 ounces, but STILL.) [​IMG]
    Pictures coming later! I will try to describe in the meantime. They are light, light brown (like coffee with a LOT of cream in it [​IMG]) and very small. I am guessing they are coming from my two older ones, a Black Australorp and a Buff Orpington.
    I cannot wait for tommorow!!!
    [​IMG]

2. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    Wooo Hoooo!! How exciting! Congrats and I can't wait to see the pics!

3. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats!!!!! [​IMG]

4. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    [​IMG] Hooray for you!!!

5. our 5 chickie babies

our 5 chickie babies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Hello CONGRATS!! on your first eggs!!
    JIM&LINDY

6. MakNugget

MakNugget Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Congrats! The wait is killing me!

7. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    That's awesome! The same thing happened to us on Saturday. 2 1st time eggs! We have gotten 4 more since then too!

8. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Congratulations. I know how you feel got my first 2 eggs yesterday and 2 more today. Almost all my girls are squatting, so wont be long before they all start in. They are about 23 weeks old [​IMG]

9. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    congrats!! [​IMG] Isn't it a great feeling! [​IMG]

10. adeechickluv

adeechickluv Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    thanks everybody! you will gets eggs soon, promise!
    yay! Two more eggs today! I got up early to see if they had laid again today, but no. I checked at 12 and there were two more! Hallelujah! I've heard that most lay early, around 6-ish.
    Does egg color change? Yesterday the eggs were a light kind of carmel ish brown. Today one of them is that same color, but the other is a darker brown. My two layers-in-question are a black australorp and a buff orpington. Just curious.
    two more questions - how do you store eggs? Right now I'm not washing them (because they are really clean) and putting them in the fridge, just like store-bought eggs. Is this right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by