My first two eggs - on the same day!!

adeechickluv

Songster
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
Portland, Oregon
What a suprise when I woke up from loud chicken squawking and headed lazily to the coop. I didn't even bother to check the nesting box. But I glanced over, and oh my gosh. that is NOT what i think it is!!! But it was!
ep.gif
It was around 7:30 in the morning. Then, later, around 9:30 I went back ot see them and OH MY GOSH!! Can a miracle actually happen two times in a day?!
celebrate.gif
(Granted, they are little tiny little things that weigh 1.5 ounces, but STILL.)
yippiechickie.gif

Pictures coming later! I will try to describe in the meantime. They are light, light brown (like coffee with a LOT of cream in it
wink.png
) and very small. I am guessing they are coming from my two older ones, a Black Australorp and a Buff Orpington.
I cannot wait for tommorow!!!
big_smile.png

That's awesome! The same thing happened to us on Saturday. 2 1st time eggs! We have gotten 4 more since then too!

Congratulations. I know how you feel got my first 2 eggs yesterday and 2 more today. Almost all my girls are squatting, so wont be long before they all start in. They are about 23 weeks old
celebrate.gif

thanks everybody! you will gets eggs soon, promise!
yay! Two more eggs today! I got up early to see if they had laid again today, but no. I checked at 12 and there were two more! Hallelujah! I've heard that most lay early, around 6-ish.
Does egg color change? Yesterday the eggs were a light kind of carmel ish brown. Today one of them is that same color, but the other is a darker brown. My two layers-in-question are a black australorp and a buff orpington. Just curious.
two more questions - how do you store eggs? Right now I'm not washing them (because they are really clean) and putting them in the fridge, just like store-bought eggs. Is this right?

Back
Top Bottom