My flock.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by kinsey228, Aug 7, 2011.

1. kinsey228

kinsey228 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Chesterville, Maine
    7 months ago, if you would have told me that I would love having chickens, I would have said you were absolutely crazy. I even asked my parents to convince my husband that we just didn't need them. [​IMG] In February, we came home from TSC with 3 Leghorns, and 3 Golden Comets. [​IMG] In March, I was there and saw some adorable little chipmunk chicks, Easter Eggers, so I decided I needed 4, and 2 more Golden Comets. After losing an EE and a GC to a fox, I decided that we needed 3 Guinea Fowl. Along with a Light Brahma, GLW,Australorp, and a Barred Rock. I then said that we had enough. Since then, we have added 3 Marans/Wyandotte crosses, another EE, a BLR Wyandotte, and a Silver and Golden Laced Wyandotte Bantam. They are just so different and they all have wonderful personalities. I am glad that I caved and we came home with those first 6. [​IMG] It is so nice to watch my kids check for eggs, and laugh when the chickens follow them around waiting for treats. [​IMG] Just thought I would share [​IMG]

2. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    Thanks....I don't seem so out there. Isn't it fun to get into something different later in life???? Have fun [​IMG]

3. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    Sounds like someone has really bad case of chicken math!!

[​IMG] from Mass

4. greatchicken

greatchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Michigan
    We started out with 30 and ended up with 50. I know how you feel....

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  5. kinsey228

kinsey228 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Chesterville, Maine
    I never was good at math, and chicken math is no exception [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by