My fridge runneth over

FrontPorchIndiana

Songster
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Indiana
with eggs! Every able hen laid an egg today. I even cleaned the coop and rearranged a few things. They still ALL laid eggs. What am I supposed to do with all these eggs? 14 eggs today. I have 16 hens. One has never laid an egg for me (I think she's old) and the other is molting. I thought they were supposed to slow down in the winter?
barnie.gif

I contacted a food closet and we're making a deal. They'll give me empty cartons and I'll drop them off full!

We're getting ten eggs a day and we only need about ten a week!! I was on here last week looking for help with this problem and this was one of the suggestions. The guy at the food bank was happy to get fresh eggs!

Why not sell your extras to a neighbor or co-worker. I just posted about my first 16 egg day, but if I got 3 dozen eggs a day I still wouldn't have trouble selling them. I have a waiting list.

i know what you mean! i have like 5 1 dozen egg cartons and 3 18 eggs cartons filled and i actually just started to crack the eggs i have been getting and finding new creative ways to use them.

My hens need to talk to your hens. They have pretty much stopped laying for now since it's so cold but they crazy thing around here is my fridge is overflowing with duck and geese eggs and I've been told that ducks and geese do not lay at this time of year. So, at least I still have eggs just not chicken eggs.
smile.png
I prefer chicken eggs for breakfast but duck eggs will do.

Back
Top Bottom