My frizzle turken has a bump

Sep 19, 2023
I just noticed it because she doesn’t like to be held or touched but she has a large lump like a tumor and I have no idea what to do

Attachments

• 496399C4-BC2B-4994-B5C9-B810FA18050A.jpeg
    496399C4-BC2B-4994-B5C9-B810FA18050A.jpeg
    545.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 54AFE842-CACF-4CB4-948A-F5D1E7F853BB.jpeg
    54AFE842-CACF-4CB4-948A-F5D1E7F853BB.jpeg
    437.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 96AEE3E8-3D75-4D73-A7AE-5503BC9A5591.jpeg
    96AEE3E8-3D75-4D73-A7AE-5503BC9A5591.jpeg
    457.4 KB · Views: 7
I don’t think that’s what it is because I’ve seen and felt that before this is kind of off to the side and is very tumorish but I will check in the morning before she eats
Okay, I believe you and also understand better.

I think the two subsequent pics made it *look* like crop (to me).. but reviewing again with the information that you ARE familiar with crops, the pic that includes the neck reveals location a little better, more left than what I was originally thinking. So I probably agree with your assessment or would also be seeking answers.

Is veterinary care an option.. they may be able to biopsy (suck it with a needle some) and see if it's just a cyst, abscess, or what type of material it contains?
How old is she now? Is she having any concerning behaviors or indications of not feeling well.. lethargy, reduced appetite, etc?

I'm sorry I'm not more help, I do hope you will get more feed back..

I also hope she continues to thrive. :fl

She looks like a wild beauty! 🥰

Okay, I believe you and also understand better.

I think the two subsequent pics made it *look* like crop (to me).. but reviewing again with the information that you ARE familiar with crops, the pic that includes the neck reveals location a little better, more left than what I was originally thinking. So I probably agree with your assessment or would also be seeking answers.

Is veterinary care an option.. they may be able to biopsy (suck it with a needle some) and see if it's just a cyst, abscess, or what type of material it contains?
How old is she now? Is she having any concerning behaviors or indications of not feeling well.. lethargy, reduced appetite, etc?

I'm sorry I'm not more help, I do hope you will get more feed back..

I also hope she continues to thrive. :fl

She looks like a wild beauty! 🥰
She seems to be eating just fine and acting normal if I wouldn’t have picked her up today I never would’ve noticed the vet that sees chickens in my area cost a lot of money and I simply don’t have the funds unfortunately and she’s only about 9-10 months old

Back
Top Bottom