But wait, this doesn't look like a pepper
100_6526.jpg

Silly hen doesn't she know that this isn't a nesting spot
100_6529.jpg

I think she thinks she's a pepper too
100_6417.jpg

My funny little hen
100_6307.jpg

At least you know where she lays LOL. I bet you will be checking there everyday. You could lock them in their coop for a few days & maybe break her before she continues to lay in the wrong spot everyday. Guess you have fake eggs in their boxes so they will know where to lay.

we have 2 hens that stay out of the coop in their own area because they are so aggressive toward the others, we put in fake eggs, golf balls and other plastic balls but they seem content to lay inside a totes, boxes, baskets than their nest boxes, ever since the tornado went over us the hens refuse to nest in their hen house. I even cleaned out the dog house and they laid their eggs in there for awhile. My kids don't mind hunting for eggs, I just get a kick out of where we find them
smile.png

I will be putting wire around the pepper plants to keep her out
wink.png

OK, I live on a farm & don't wanna look for eggs but if your kids like it go with it. I guess its Easter morning everyday at your house. Happy egg hunting.

Remember the commercials about being a Pepper, too? The ad was for Dr. Pepper, I think. She kinda reminds me of a cockatoo!

Back
Top Bottom