Just my funny little chicken

Basghettiii

Songster
Oct 6, 2023
This is Toast. She is one of my seven egg hens, one of the five that aren’t yet laying. We just lost two of our big girls to a dog attack, but she never ceases to make us laugh! It’s been hard, and while these pictures are about two-three weeks old, looking at them still makes me feel better, so if you are down in the dumps right now, please feast your eyes upon my sweet little baby Toast.

Attachments

• IMG_2387.jpeg
    IMG_2387.jpeg
    288.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2385.jpeg
    IMG_2385.jpeg
    274.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2384.jpeg
    IMG_2384.jpeg
    291.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Sorry for your losses. Glad you have Toast to give you a smile :)
Good thing is, we do have some eggs that were left from our list hens. We candled them yesterday and one of Zazu’s (one of our lost ones) had a cute little embryo developing inside! They are at just over a week right now, so development is going very well. Unfortunately, we only had one chance for Nugget and we don’t think there is anything in her egg, but we kept it in the incubator just in case. Scuttle has four eggs that are good, she’s our healthiest at the moment. Hei Hei has one egg that looks good. She was in the attack, but she managed to get away and come home. She’s injured, but she’s healing up pretty good right now. Scuttle wasn’t with them for whatever reason, but that might have saved her little life. We are hoping to keep three and give the other three to a friend if they all hatch- keeping one Scuttle baby, one Hei Hei baby, and one Zazu baby. If that Nugget egg does hatch, We’ll keep that one too.

This is Toast. She is one of my seven egg hens, one of the five that aren’t yet laying. We just lost two of our big girls to a dog attack, but she never ceases to make us laugh! It’s been hard, and while these pictures are about two-three weeks old, looking at them still makes me feel better, so if you are down in the dumps right now, please feast your eyes upon my sweet little baby Toast.
She's a real cutie :love

Yep I just sounded out your name! I LOVE IT! Toast is a curious cutie.

Back
Top Bottom