my g-pa or g-ma let my rabbits out when i told her not too!!!! help!!

BarbK-ill ask her about the vet thing. but i dout it. she dont care about what i say. unfortunatly around here the kids opinion doesnt matter!

McCord6- thats what i was thinking. but like i said she doesnt care. shes always saying how she never lets ANY of the animals got w/out food or water but yet she didnt fill the rabbits up. im confused on that one.

Chicken Boo- we have a live trap but i didnt think that would work. ill see about setting it tonight.

hellafarms- i dont know. mine always have food by them because if they dont i get yelled at. i always try to fill up there food. but if they dont like i said its usually when im at school or away. thats just cruel to do to them.

3goodeggs - my cages are nailed into the side of the coop about 3 feet off the ground. so i dont think they will be happening.
sad.png

BarbK- no she didnt let them all out. i have 2 males, 1 mother and 5 babies. i let the mother and babies out because there cage was getting a little crowded. at first i only let the babies out but then my sisters cat kept trying to get them so i let the mom out to teach her babies what to stay away from then when i tryed to catch her i couldnt. i know of one for sure doe. the mom. but i dont know about any of the babies... huuumm i wonder....

danielle82- no i feed them whenever i see there food it getting low.its mean not too.

thanks for all your support!
cole.

Well if talking to parents or grandparents doesnt work ask an animal control officer to talk to them for you. Also find rabbit feeding info and give it to the adults to read. Ask something like do you want ME eating 24/7. I would get fat and sick wouldnt I? (Think of better phrasing than mine though) When it comes to an animal I get mad and am very blunt an sometimes rude.

Many breeders, myself included, feed a measured amount of pellets per rabbit per feeding. My rabbits run out of food all the time. They are always at their peak physical condition, excellent producers, and disease free. Free choice feeding of rabbits usually ends up with unhealthy, fat, illness prone, animals. Many overfed does have problems conceiving due to large fat deposits interfering with the reproductive organs. Free choice hay is not a problem, and actually beneficial.

As long as the rabbits are being fed daily, there is no concern, but as another poster previously mentioned, we don't know the specifics or history of the situation, and what the grandmother considers "not fed". In any event, one, or more parties involved needs to do some reading. Knowledge is power.

Rabbits do not need food all the time. My big rabbit gets fed at night and gets hay during the day. She gets fed again the next night. I would let your grandmother know this. Continual feeding can lead to overweight bunnies. This is the case with mine, and since she is active during the night, I leave the food in there at that time. She doesn't touch the food during the day and often just knocks over the whole bowl.

If you still have issues with them not having food, get a gravity fed feeder. However, most rabbit breeders will tell you to feed your rabbits once or sometimes twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom