my g-pa or g-ma let my rabbits out when i told her not too!!!! help!!

Quote:
Hear hear! I HATE it when the animal is punished to "make a point" to the child!!
he.gif

My rabbits run out of pellets but not hay, and never water. We feed once a day around here, but the time is different on different days, hence they do run out of pellets sometimes. They are chunky big girls, too!

While everyone's thoughts/advice is all good, the OPs original concerns were how to catch the rabbit and if there was anything that should be done about it's injuries. I don't know that much about rabbits, but I do know that they can die pretty easily from stress or fear and that bleeding from the mouth/nose is not a good sign (unless it's from injuries specifically to those areas). LC, I'm sorry for the stress you're going through. I can't give you advice on how to catch your rabbit as you can't get the cage down and the net you have didn't work. Maybe just waiting until he calms down some. I would strongly suggest that when you catch him you examine him closely. If his bleeding from the mouth and nose are from injuries to that area, then just cleaning him up may be good enough, but if you can't find specific wounds, he may have internal bleeding and would definitely need to be taken to the vet. I hope he will be okay and hope things will work out with your nanny. I also hope you find the babies.
Liz

Quote:
I agree. Poor bunnies!
sad.png
If they felt that they wernt being taken care of then they should have found them new homes, not set them free to suffer.
smack.gif

well like i said i caught the black and white buck but not the white. when i went out this morning he was running around. so he made it through one night. the bad thing is im going to my dads for 5 days wright after school so hes probly going to be out 5 more days. i cant put padlocks because poppy would just take the hinges off or tear down the whole cage. thats what i dont like. well im off to school. i will be sure to update if i catch him or he makes it 5 days. cross your fingers!

Did you get the injured one to the Vet? I hate to say it but if the adults refuse call animal control. That is neglect and they need to be educated!!!!! Part of an acs job is to educate. They don't always start off with fines and charges. In situations like this they could help get things done that are needed. All of the acs I know are great people.

As far as the hurt rabbit goes your mom should be taking it to the vet and giving the bill to nanny. Your mother needs to step up and have a long talk with them that includes proper care as well as a lesson on animal cruelty (the vet bill would reinforce that). I don't give a red rats rump what all the sides to the story are. Your mom needs to tell them that you don't free feed rabbits. Letting them get overweight and unhealthy is cruel. Letting them out because they are mad and ignorant on how to care for them is extremely cruel. I don't care who's house or property it is that doesn't give them the right to harm your animals. Get those locks and have your mom lay down the law that they aren't to harm your animals. Just because you are a kid/teen/whatever doesn't give them the right to be cruel to your animals when they are mad. That is animal cruelty as well as emotional abuse to you. Any one that would harm a kids animals when they are mad frankly has a screw loose. If you come home from your time with your father and there has been harm to your rabbits call your father then animal control. I also hate to suggest this but you may have to give the rabbits away for their safety and let it be known that is why you have rehomed them.

did anyone else notice that she said she turned a doe and her litter loose before the grandparents stepped in and set the rest free?

LC, take comfort in knowing you probably will be the person that signs the paper putting those two ingrates into the old folks home.

Rufus

Quote:
Regardless of that the op told them not to let the others loose and why. They didn't step in they got mad at the kid and took it out on the animals. Which resulted in one of the rabbits getting injured pretty badly. That just makes my blood boil.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom