My geese are in the mail!

wee.gif

They are gorgeous!

Congratulations on your new geese!
thumbsup.gif

They sure are cute! Not sure about this breeds personality but
don't be surprised if they are frightened of you for a long time.
Just make sure to move real slow around them.
Treats help.

The original post is almost a year old. I got my geese in January. Yes, they wanted nothing to do with me for the first few months but now the follow me wherever I go. Clyde even went through the drive-thru at Starbucks on my lap on his way back from the vet. They are fun and silly to be around, curious of everything. They have an unusual fascination for the piping on outdoor chair pads and have spent their summer trying to figure out how to remove it. I was assembling a dining room chair last week and the instruction booklet had 10 pages. As I turned to page 8, Clyde grabbed it from my hands and took off for the barn with it. I had to guess how to finish.

You really have to follow the rules with new geese. I walked slow and steady around them and never tried to touch them. I kept a regular routine of feeding, treats and herding them into their pen at night. They are creatures of habit and once they became comfortable and felt safe they got friendlier. We just moved to five not-completely-fenced acres and they stay right around the house in their favorite spots, under the deck or in the pond.

34566_farm-7.jpg

34566_pond1.jpg

34566_moms-7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is with more sadness than you can imagine I have to report that we lost Bonnie in the early hours this morning to a predator. I am heartsick beyond belief.

Back
Top Bottom