My geese are in the mail!

The Sheriff

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Northern CA
I just got an email from Holderread's stating that my pair of mini Oregon geese shipped out Express Mail today and should arrive by Friday. I am in northern CA and they shipped from Oregon so I suspect they will be here tomorrow. I am anxious and nervous as I haven't had any geese before. I am reading Dave's book and hopefully have everything ready for their arrival. I'll post pics when I get them and then you can expect to see me around this forum for awhile.
hu.gif

Mary

Quote:
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
Ryan,.... Did you REALLY just ask a woman to share her geese?!?! What is wrong with you man???!!?!?

ANyway - Congrats Mary! Rainplace's are so pretty!! You will love them!

No geese today! Called the PO and they are still in transit. I am expecting an early call telling me to be at the front door when they open! Poor geese! I have lots of food and a nice shelter all ready for them. Hopefully they don't bite my hand off when I open the box. I am also guessing with an extra travel day, I should expect to drive home from the post office with the windows down. Note to self...dress warm.
celebrate.gif

The female mini I got was extremely nasty to me when I first got her. She's only now starting to come around. The male was a bit skittish, but always seemed interested in what I was doing. The three things that helped was a) the rest of the flock, b) walking very slowly in the yard and c) spending time in the yard doing nothing.

Well the call came in at 7:08 a.m. to come get them at the PO. Everyone was curious about what was in the box. So off I went. Here's what I cam home with:

34566_strangeegg-11.jpg

I carried the box into the back yard and opened it. The male starting hissing at me! I quickly closed it back up and woke DH up to help. We let them out on the lawn and they spent the first couple of hours wandering around, trying to get their bearings.

34566_strangeegg-10.jpg

Then they found the mud puddle!

34566_strangeegg-9.jpg

So far they will drink but not eat. We are just staying away and letting them get settled in. They are much larger than we expected. I bought the $150.00 pair. That was about the middle of the price range. I was told they get smaller as you go up in price. I mostly want them as lawn decoration and hawk deterrents so they are a good size for that. Will be back with many questions I am sure of that!

Mary

p.s. Thanks for the tips Rainplace!

Back
Top Bottom