My Geese are nuts help

Angelique123456

Chirping
Sep 8, 2020
Hello all it’s been about a year that I have not posted. Last spring I punched a bunch of
Ducks and geese. I got 2 Chinese geese and 2 white ones. Then spring came around and my Chinese geese are not matting, the white ones geese are. So I thought my Chinese geese where female. So I purchased another one male same age. Now I find out the my 2 original are male and female. The new male Chinese geese is in love with the white goose. But the male white goose is always telling him to back off. It’s a love triangle. So I thought I get another female goose. I did and she is an American type of goose. She is lovely, but scared of me. Thinking that the extra Chinese male swan might mate with her. Nope he is not interested. What do I do? As well the original male and female Chinese geese start to honk a lot when the ducks are mating and even try to stop them. I call them the stop mating police. What is going on?

You don't need to have a gander for each goose. One gander can keep up to five geese laying fertile eggs. Even if he picks a favorite he'll still take advantage of the others' availability too.

Beyond that geese are kind of unpredictable during mating season. Watch your back for the next month or so, especially since you've added geese you don't have much history with to the flock. I don't think the originals will hold being punched against you, but hormones make them crazy too.

Yeah the new ones are doing well the American goose is very kind female she rather hangs out with the 2 not matting or the 3 that have a love triangle. Lol

Here is lathe love triangle

Attachments

• 31F44546-75B2-4829-83F6-4D3302446E39.jpeg
    31F44546-75B2-4829-83F6-4D3302446E39.jpeg
    684.1 KB · Views: 45
I'd like to punch my Gander sometimes, but he's too fast... and I'd look like an idiot chasing him around the yard... :lau:gig:lau
Ok hear me out before calling me crazy but I literally have to sit on my gander to calm him down. Let me explain. I have 2 dewlap Africans (THEY ARE HUGE) and the pair has a lot of personality, they are total jerks to everyone but are hilarious. Anyway, they arent aggressive and protect the flock so I like them. Mating season comes rolling round, my gander starts to look at me funny. He was getting bolder and bolder about being up in your space and nipping. I read somewhere they had to grab their geese and get them to like sit when they were young ganders because they have no respect for the pecking order at this age. In order to establish my goose 'pecking order' I have to grab fern (usually by the neck when he's being a turd, but not hard just lightly) and physically put my weight on his back until he sits then just get him to stay like this and he calms down from there. It works, he never thinks about nipping me and we just have honking arguments sometimes.

Lol thank you I got one egg from the trio love triangle and here is the pic. Now his wing looks twisted but I am going to ask anyone if they know how to fix it. So I know who his dad is he has a bit of gray fetchers on his back and head

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    642.9 KB · Views: 26

Back
Top Bottom