My girl's breed?

AnonPaperclip

Songster
5 Years
Apr 11, 2017
So, we have a flock of six hens, two of them we thought were Faverolles. They're a little over 4 months now and we've concluded that one is in fact a faverolle (salmon, to be exact) but I've done a lot of research and found that none of the varieties of faverolles match our other hen.

Here's a few pictures of her:
20170804_104120.jpg
1501861521941-96902161.jpg

She does have a "beard," though it's smaller than our actual Salmon Fav. She's smaller than our Fav (and almost everyone else, for that matter) and she's pretty friendly, but isn't too keen on being picked up. I hope someone will help us here. ^^

So, we have a flock of six hens, two of them we thought were Faverolles. They're a little over 4 months now and we've concluded that one is in fact a faverolle (salmon, to be exact) but I've done a lot of research and found that none of the varieties of faverolles match our other hen.

Here's a few pictures of her:View attachment 1101300 View attachment 1101303

She does have a "beard," though it's smaller than our actual Salmon Fav. She's smaller than our Fav (and almost everyone else, for that matter) and she's pretty friendly, but isn't too keen on being picked up. I hope someone will help us here. ^^

She is a Faverolles and not a mix. Certain hatcheries produce off colored pullets such as yours. I have even seen worse.

As for the other colored Faverolles, they are extremely rare and won't be found at any hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom