My girls. Whatcha think? Lots of Pics

CoyoteMagic

RIP ?-2014
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
only the shadow knows.....
My girls are just about 13 weeks now. Whatcha think? I'm new to raising chickens so I'm not really sure how they are doing. They seem happy. I had just cut the grass and it had started a light sprinkle stirring up the bugs in the garden. They really don't seem to mess with the veggies as much as I thought they would. Maybe it's because I have raised beds.

looseinthegarden2.jpg

looseinthegarden7.jpg

looseinthegarden6.jpg

looseinthegarden5.jpg

looseinthegarden4.jpg

looseinthegarden3.jpg

looseinthegarden.jpg

Attackthecat.jpg

So whatcha think?

i think there really nice...oh, and nice chicken coop...i think there happy to, to have a wonderful owner like you!
good luck!!! -alex

I think they look very happy!
wee.gif

You have a great place for them for forage for bugs and other goodies!

Nice chickens. Also nice tomatoe plants! I made 5 gallons of red and yellow tomatoes into salsa and today I am working on 5 gallons for spaghetti sauce - and I still have plenty to slice for a 'mater sammich
smile.png

looks like they get along with the cat
smile.png
the look good, looks like some big tomatoes! what is your trick? ours got diseases last year hubby did not want to mess with it. i know we have some red clay in our dirt.

Thanks ya'll for your nice replies. It's good to know that I'm doing something right!

My cat still isn't sure what to do about the chickens. She's beginning to show her age, 14, this time last year she would have been thinking about a snack. Now she just lets them do their thing.

The trick to good tomatoes is fertilizer and LOTS and LOTS of water. Your basic 10-10-10 fertilizer does the trick. These partial 50 gallon drums still have their bottoms and only a couple of drainage holes. When you plant your tomatoes in the spring, dig a deep hole, peel off all the branches & leaves except the ones at the very top and stick it in the hole. It will start roots all along the stem where you pulled the leaves off which makes it take in more water and handles drought much better. I'm originally from South Jersey, we are known for out tomatoes. I can't eat them from the store, nasty!

Your girls look very happy and healthy!!

You know what else helped my tomatoes... No kidding- oyster shells that I give the chickens! Tomatoes love calcium and it seemed to really work!

Back
Top Bottom