My good, happy, awesome, wonderful, news!!!!!! :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, Sep 10, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I am certain that some are familiar with my family situation, if not, brief rundown. Hubby is active duty Air Force. Becasue of health issues with our youngest son we have lived apart for the past 3 years. The entire 3 years we have tried to get him an overseas assignment so we could get our base of choice upon his return which would allow my family to live together again....we could choose a location suitable to his health problems. Anyway, they have not had sufficient manning to allow him to leave until now!!! Dec. 10th my hubby will be starting work in Turkey for 15 months. When he returns....looks like we have chosen San Antonio. We have time to sell the house, let the kids wrap up things with friends, convince my aging mother to move herself and the 10 y/o twins she is raising who NEED my family with us (NOT same house just close by), and be able to take my chickens with. [​IMG] I realize this still means well over another year before my family is together again, but we will be. Having a time frame and KNOWING I will get to snuggle up next to my husband every night before long makes all the difference in the world. Just wanted to share my good news!!!

2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Congratulations!

I cant imagine how difficult it must be for your family to be separated.

3. Maddhatter

Maddhatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    Thats good news. Sounds like you are a very strong mother and wife. Hang out with us, we will help if you need it.

4. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    [​IMG]

5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks guys. [​IMG] It has been a LONG 3 years. I do believe the hardest part has been the look on my husband's face every visit when he sees how the kids have grown. Pictures just don't do the trick. I have had a smile that wouldn't quit since we found out!!!! [​IMG]

LOL....I am afraid I may hang out here too much.....hence my growing addiction!!!! An entire website of enablers. [​IMG] (wait, no, I am sure I meant [​IMG] yeah, that's it!!! LOL)

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    My kids often ask, Dad, why do you always pray for those in the armed services... I always tell them that it's because with out them, we wouldn't be free.

God bless you.

7. 2manyhats

2manyhats Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    Thank you for the sacrifices that you make for our freedom. Thank God for the wonderful things He is doing and will do in your lives.

8. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Oh my gosh, I am SO happy for y'all!!! [​IMG] That's wonderful news. I am sure that now that you have a time frame, it will give you something to REALLY look forward to! [​IMG] YAY! [​IMG]

9. punkin

punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    East Tennessee
    That is good, happy, awesome, wonderful news!!!!!! I hope the next 15 months fly by for you. Thank you for all your sacrifices that allow your DH to fight for my freedom.

10. warcard

warcard Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    SE Indiana
    YAY! [​IMG] [​IMG]

And Turkey is a fairly safe place. Had a friend take a short tour over there like your husband and he thought is was great.

Make sure to take the kids tubing on the Guadalupa (sp?) River, but also be sure to take lots of sunblock. [​IMG] Did you know that if you are in the military and get a sun burn it is considered "damaging government property." [​IMG] Plus it's really hard to sit through classes afterwards.

edit: got my there, their mixed up

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by