My goof at walmart!! :p

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Despite the 8" of snow on the ground (and more falling!) we had to make a trip into town for chicken feed. I was too ill to get out yesterday and this weather wasn't predicted...thank you weather.com!
somad.gif

Since we had to be in town anyhow, I talked DH into stopping at walmart so I could find more suitable housing for my house chick. He can't live in a bator forever. What I didn't tell hubby is that I also planned on getting Rowdy the chick a stuffed animal and a feather duster to cuddle with.

DH needed to go to the automotive dept., so I told him to meet me between the pet and cleaning supplies section. I real quick slipped a stuffed animal meant for dogs and a feather duster in the cart, knowing I'd be found out at the register.
hide.gif

Get to the register and DH pulls the feather duster out of the cart. For Rowdy? Ummm, yes dear.
hmm.png
Then he pulls the stuffed animal out of the cart. Also for Rowdy? Ummm, yes dear.
hmm.png

DH started
gig.gif
Then I looked at the toy I'd grabbed real quick. Rowdy now has a stuffed raccoon to snuggle with. Probably not the best choice of a cuddle buddy, but oh well.
lau.gif

I found pet carriers are grand house chick homes. We had two hens hatch chicks at the same time last year. The little chicks stay inside the plastic carrier much better than the metal ones. Chicks are small enough to slip out of the metal ones much to the mama's horror! I tried the feather duster too but it didn't get much attention. Chicks like to snuggle in your neck & hair. Sooo sweet!

Back
Top Bottom