My goof at walmart!! :p

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Feb 4, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Despite the 8" of snow on the ground (and more falling!) we had to make a trip into town for chicken feed. I was too ill to get out yesterday and this weather wasn't predicted...thank you weather.com! [​IMG]

Since we had to be in town anyhow, I talked DH into stopping at walmart so I could find more suitable housing for my house chick. He can't live in a bator forever. What I didn't tell hubby is that I also planned on getting Rowdy the chick a stuffed animal and a feather duster to cuddle with.

DH needed to go to the automotive dept., so I told him to meet me between the pet and cleaning supplies section. I real quick slipped a stuffed animal meant for dogs and a feather duster in the cart, knowing I'd be found out at the register. [​IMG]

Get to the register and DH pulls the feather duster out of the cart. For Rowdy? Ummm, yes dear. [​IMG] Then he pulls the stuffed animal out of the cart. Also for Rowdy? Ummm, yes dear. [​IMG]

DH started [​IMG] Then I looked at the toy I'd grabbed real quick. Rowdy now has a stuffed raccoon to snuggle with. Probably not the best choice of a cuddle buddy, but oh well. [​IMG]

2. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:[​IMG]

better than a stuffed fox

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Well done!

4. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Oh, brilliant. [​IMG] You do know that now he'll probably grow up thinking it's fun to play with raccoons, and then be EATEN?? [​IMG]

Just kidding.

5. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

7. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Imp, if that is the before pic, I don't wanna see the after...

8. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Quote:[​IMG] Aww, how- [​IMG] ACK!!

9. Martin Grove Farm

Martin Grove Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. SweetieBirds

SweetieBirds Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2009
    I found pet carriers are grand house chick homes. We had two hens hatch chicks at the same time last year. The little chicks stay inside the plastic carrier much better than the metal ones. Chicks are small enough to slip out of the metal ones much to the mama's horror! I tried the feather duster too but it didn't get much attention. Chicks like to snuggle in your neck & hair. Sooo sweet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by